- my ramblings of clutter, collecting and selling, thrifting, scavenging, recreating, , my etsy and ebay adventures, things I love and things I hate and growing old through it all

Saturday, December 27, 2008

Selling on craigslist


Check out the stuff I've sold this week on craigslist in the pictures - a dino-metal sculpture, 1893 World's Fair Cordial Glasses, Old Mexican Pottery Pitcher and a small piece of Antique Navajo Pottery.

All of this for can be listed for free or close to free on craigslist!

I have been a selling member of ebay since 1998. I started selling rare books and progressed to selling pottery, vintage everything, previously worn designer clothes and you name it. I sold 1200 pieces of clutter with a 100% feedback rating. (I thought it was pretty impressive at the time)

After ebay got so out of hand and greedy with their fees, I looked for another selling venue. What would I do with all my clutter now? Into our life came craigslist .

At craigslist things are easy. I can list most anything but you have to deal with people coming over to see your wares but there's no shipping involved (of coarse once in awhile someone will email from another city or state). I don't specialize in anything, I love it all.

We basically, started a landscape company advertising on craigslist. We posted in the business section and ending up with many high-end customers. How great is that! We hope to start doing rainwater tanks which will hook up to your irrigation system soon.

Craigslist has got a bad rap but here's some tips - cash only (no checks, IOU's, layaway or come back in a week), I sell everything out of the carport (no one is allowed in the house), stay away from the freaks (if they sound weird on the phone, they're probably weird in person. Make up an excuse and - LET THE SALE GO)!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ramona's Clutter always likes comments!